Sunday 15 June 2014

Joel Campbell: I’ll think about Arsenal after the World Cup

The 21-year-old striker produced an incredible display, scoring one and setting up another in his side's shock win over UruguayMartín Caceres, Uruguay, Joel Campbell, Costa Rica, 2014 World Cup Group D 06142014 Joel Campbell has insisted that isn't considering his Arsenal future at the moment but will remain concentrated on Costa Rica's World Cup campaign.


The striker, who turns 22 later this month, came to the forefront as his side shocked Uruguay 3-1 in their World Cup opener, but after spending the last three seasons on loan away from the Emirates club his place in their side is debatable.

"Of course I have to go back, because I have a contract with Arsenal, but the most important thing just now is my country and the World Cup," he explained, having scored an equaliser for his side early in the second half before setting up their third.

Despite a fine individual display, he was eager to praise his team-mates’ contributions: "Today was excellent for me, but it would have come to nothing without the contribution of my colleagues. Everyone lived up to their responsibilities. I tried to do my best to score goals and my colleague supported me.

"We have to take one step after another. We have difficult matches ahead, but this will give us impotence."

Costa Rica face Italy next in Group D before facing England as they seek to qualify for the last 16 for just a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me