Tuesday 2 June 2015

June Make Up Favorites

beauty2_web
beauty7_web
beauty1_web
beauty4_web
beauty6_web


Since I’ve taken on make up as a new category on my blog, I’ve decided to start sharing my personal favorites on a monthly basis. I’m a fan of natural basics, but that gives me even a bigger reason to source the best products on the market.

Let’s talk about skin. I recently discovered Dior’s Nude Air, which has a super light, as the name suggests, air-like texture. It’s ideal for daywear and does not cake up. I vary with applying foundations with both my hands and a brush, this one works best with a brush and is so light that you can layer it for the coverage needed. The finish is smooth and light, like powder. The only downside is that it does not set on the skin that well, so to prevent if from rubbing off to clothes, locking it down with a light layer of loose powder.

After applying the foundation, I use Tom Ford’s contour kit. This (also new) discovery of mine makes all the difference with it’s natural looking high- and low-lights. Whilst the highlighter is a little bit on the heavy side, I use the darker shade a lot more and apply just a few dabs of the lighter colour as a finishing touch. A medium sized brush is the best tool to blend out the colours on the cheeks, and a small eyeshadow brush ideal for shading the nose.

After using mostly waterproof mascara for years - I need it to stay put the whole day, I’ve found Dolce & Gabbana’s Passion Eyes that lives up to my requirements. It’s not waterproof, it washes off with just water, but it does not wear off throughout the day.

Charlotte Tilbury’s products have made a massive difference to my make up routine, it was the first brand I discovered that builds its products around nude shades and use red as a base tone to many palettes. Surprisingly few brands experience with shades of red, although I see it as one of the most natural and contemporary shades to wear on and around your eyes. The complete Dolce Vita palette is definitely built for nightwear but I use the top two tones for everyday wear, as worn above.

Photos by Mikko Puttonen




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me