Wednesday 22 July 2015

Contouring For Eyes?


kat von d shade and light eye palette review swatch photo
kat von d shade and light eye palette review swatch photo
SHOP THE POST:


Contour is the word on everyone lips at the moment but it’s not something that's normally used to talk about eyes. When I came across this Kat Von D Shade of Light Eye Contour palette when I was away in Vegas a a few months ago I knew it would be love. I just saw it and knew that mix of warm, neutral and cool browns would be right up my street. Now I totally dig a warm brown eyeshadow, I don’t think I’ve worn anything else on my eyes apart from MAC Uninterrupted since I picked it up last year. However I like a good palette every once in a while.

Designed to make small eyes larger or large eyes smaller this kit is a full matte palette with 12 different shades in varying intensities. The palette itself is organised into 3 different “quads” each with a different undertone designed for different looks. Theres lots of info in the packaging telling you how to create different looks from the palette which would be super helpful for n00bs. The formula is really lovely, really soft and finely milled and pack a huge punch in the pigment game. However I do feel like some need a teeny bit of primer just to get the most out of each shade.

I love Kat Von D, I think she’s super cool and rocks her look so well. It’s awesome that an alt girl like her can create a really mainstream makeup collection thats sold Sephora wide.


In short, this palette is perfect if you want a matte shadow palette that can shape, shade and define the eyes all while looking pretty natural and wearable at the same time. This ones for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me