Monday 21 December 2015

November Beauty Favorites

L’OREAL PARIS Super Liner Ultra Percision eyeliner

I know, we are more than half way through December and I am hitting you with a post that should have been up weeks ago. However, in the middle of red toned lips, nails and well, everything, I thought it would be good to look back on a more natural look, with products from my favourite limited collections that you should make part of your make-up cupboard before they sell out!

This is a post dedicated to the nude and bronze toned palettes in my life, where I found a few gems in the new Dolce & Gabbana #DGLOVESFALL collection. This dusty rose tone that they make in matching nail lacquer, lipstick and eye cream, looks amazing worn all together as pictured, without the fear of too much pink (that a real fear that I live with). while I am quite easy with my lipstick choices, as long as they don’t have glitter, I’ve become quite selective with my nail polishes, the antique rose however is a beautiful alternative to the usual reds and if they are boring you this festive season. Think more retro snow angel than granny curtains and you’ll see what I mean. Eyeshadows will always remain the most tricky for me, which is why the Dolce & Gabbana mono eye cream is ideal for us amateurs, just dap it on with your finger before applying the eyeliner and mascara.

As for the bronzy, retro palettes, they are by Charlotte Tilbury, from her collaboration with Norman Parkinson that launched in July. I’ve spoken about the brand before, they offer such innovative and unique make-up collections that focuses of blush and brown tones, ideal as either a daytime smokey eye or to achieve a golden glow. I used the 'Filmstar Bronze & Glow’ for contouring, it is a little lighter and more powdery in texture than the Tom Ford ‘Shade and Illuminate’ that I included in the June post. The bronze tone gives a amazing glow, however this one works best on a yellow skin tone. I used the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson ‘'Filmstar Bronze & Glow’ for contouring, the Tom Ford bronzer for a light top-up under the cheekbones and finished the look with the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson 'Dreamy Glow Highlighter’. The retro lipstick that I did not use in this post is also from the Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson collection and called ‘Miss Kensington’, sold in a set.

You would think I included the eyeliner to match with the colours (that is totally something I would do) but it is in fact my all time favourite beauty buy that I find myself going back to every time. It is by L’Oreal and the best felt tip eyeliner on the market, guaranteed to stay put all night. It will last you months, even with my daily consumption. When it starts to run out, I simply put one drop of water in the tube and you will be able to stretch out, literally, the last drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me