Friday 29 January 2016

What Foundation Do You Use?

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation £33*

While I'm still mourning the discontinuation and subsequent reformulation of my beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme I THINK I've found my new favorite foundation. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is hailed as a providing a flawless, poreless and long lasting base. Sounds good right?

I have two shades 4 and 5 which both suit me well but I think 4 is probably a spot on match. It's a pretty high coverage foundation but can be sheered out depending on how much you use. I use a buffing brush to apply but a stippling brush would give a sheered more refined coverage. It leaves the skin looking radiant and smooth without a sign on cakiness. It doesn't sit in lines or pores and has a pretty decent staying power on my combination skin. It doesnt break me out which is always a bonus. My skin seems to hate most foundations and ALWAYS freaks out whenever I try something new.

My favourite way to wear it is mixed with a generous pump of the Becca Shimmering Skin Tint in Opal. It results in a flawless lit from within medium to full coverage base that dreams are made of. The foundation is pretty glowy alone but I think adding the skin tint just adds a little bit of something to really boost it.

If youre familiar with Estee Lauder double wear then it's very similar to that in terms of coverage but doesnt give the face a mask like feeling like the Lauder one. I do really like this and I have repurchased it when I bought a different shade from the one I was sent originally so I guess I must like it. While I dont think it's ever going to take over my deeo love for LM SC, Having and affair with Charlotte Tilbury isnt bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me