Sunday 31 July 2016

Discovered: A Lavish Lavender photographer's paradise in England

Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
From the moment I stepped onto the property I knew what I was about to let loose a not so secret secret about the perfect place to do a fashion shoot. Of course the people of Mayfield Lavender Field have seen many before me come to capture their purple haze for days. They even have a setup, whereby if you are a professional, you must register your interest in shooting in the fields. Don't let that sway you from popping by. This is as much a place to be enjoyed as tourist as it is a professional snapper. 

Located just an hour outside of London, this is truly a place that will blow your mind. Yes, I know I say that a lot, but having lived 14 years in London and then stumbling upon such a place threw me for a bit of a loop and now has me thinking of all the other little hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered in this country.

The Mayfield Lavender Fields may be full of people, on a sunny day, but there is a certain ambience created by such a situation. Dogs, children, couples in love and more can all be found frolicking amongst the lavender and smiling in such a way that you feel blessed just to be a player in their day of happiness. Who knew it? Lavender is like prozac. Watch out big pharma. 

Here are a few of the snaps I took on the day. Keeping in mind this was an unexpected turn of events, you can only imagine I was kicking myself that I didn't have a long flowing dress and a great big floppy straw hat to really mark the occasion appropriately. Must remember to keep a trunk full of props for the future, right? Ha!

Enjoy the images and make sure to add this to you calendar of things to do in the UK on a beautiful weekend. I also have it on good authority that the lavender bread in the gift shop is worth queuing for! 
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England
Lavender Field England

SaveSave



No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me