Tuesday 12 May 2015

FFG Travels: Hotel Bel-Air


Welcome to the Hotel Bel-Air, a true paradise in the heart of Los Angeles. Honestly, if one could dream for a home away from home, it would be found here. While it's sister hotel, the Beverly Hills, is a place to see and and be seen, the Hotel Bel-Air is an escape for the who's who of Hollywood. Those in search of a respite from the hustle and bustle of awards season and beyond, find it here within the pink walls of the Hotel Bel-Air.

This is, as a matter of fact, my second visit to the property. In February of last year I was introduced to the Hotel Bel-Air for the very first time. I had been told, by a close friend, that I would find myself humming "Welcome to the Hotel California," the famous Eagles tune, as I wondered through the floral lined open-air hallways. And in fact, it's all I could do to keep myself from gasping with delight as I turned every corner. "You can check out any time you like, But you just can never leave..." I now know the meaning of those lyrics. I checked out the morning after I checked in, but I am pretty certain I left a piece of my heart on the perfectly tended grassy knoll overlooking two swimming swans. The Hotel Bel-Air is a place of true magic and beauty. 

Now, what makes this visit different from the last? Well, as you may recall, my previous stay was in a patio suite at the Hotel Bel-Air. This time around I was given a whole new look at the Hotel Bel-Air with a stay in a Canyon Guestroom. Imagine a perfectly put together studio space with a walk-in closet, soaking tub, rain shower and TV (that swivels to find you wherever you are in the room). And that's just the bedroom. Let's move outside. The Canyon guest rooms are unique in that they offer Hotel Bel-Air guests their own pool and outdoor fireplace. You surely will spoilt for choice with activities in this space. While in residence, my little brother, who resides in Beverly Hills, got the memo I was around the corner and had access to a blazing fire for a night. Guess who showed up with s'mores and some good fireside conversation?

While the Hotel Bel-Air is at the top of the luxury charts, it also has the incredible ability to make you feel as if this has always been your home. I have stayed here only once before and yet everyone one greeted me as a long lost friend, with "welcome back" and "would you like XXX and XXX again as you did before?" Of course they keep notes of your preferences from previous stays, but it's all in the delivery. You would honestly think these lovely people had been serving me Diet Cokes with the New York Times for years and years. Naturally, saying goodbye is damn near impossible. But alas, LAX to London awaits.

I will say this. The Hotel Bel-Air doesn't do itself justice in spreading the joys of calling these rooms home while you are in LA. They like to keep their special treatment discrete. They like to spoil and make everyone's experience one that will not soon be forgotten. This is service at its best and if you have the opportunity to stay even one night, I would say make it a priority. It is a treat you will never forget.

Now, enough talk. Let's get to the heart of the issue - the beauty of Hotel Bel-Air.

Here's just a tiny glimpse of this pink paradise, from swans to smoothies. 


Fashion Foie Gras was a guest of the Hotel Bel-Air.





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me