Tuesday 16 June 2015

CHRISTOPHER KANE for NARS


This week I’m back with another make up introduction as London fashion week favorite, Christopher Kane just launched his collaboration with NARS. Known for his bold use of colours, the range lives up to Kane’s renowned reputation of bright neons in a collection of neoneutrals. You read that right, a range that plays with the balance of neons and neutrals in unexpected formulas.

The collection consists of a combinations of matte and shimmering tones, but to stay true to my style, I wanted to keep the attention solely on the colours. I might be a lover of minimal make up, but I have to admit it was refreshing stretching out the possibilities of the colour pink. I used the ‘Silent Nude’ Blush as a base on my eyelids, then layered on the pink ‘Starscape’ Blush from the lashline up, blending it outwards with a soft, round brush. The palettes look a big full on, but the colour is very sheer, making it easy to apply until required coverage is achieved.

The real hero, in my opinion is the ‘Violet Atom’ Illuminator. Highlighters that don’t have glitter is surprisingly hard to find, it’s one of my pet-peeves realizing when you walk out the door that your whole face it lit up in glitter. The highlighter stick that I’m wearing has a violet glow and is especially tailored for pale skin. Although my skin is a bit on the yellow side, the cold tones stick is so light that the tones blended in naturally. I used it on the cheekbones, as a C around the outer corner of my eyes, under my eyebrows and around my lips. The Illuminator, like all the products in the range is surprisingly light, so need to apply a fair amount.

As a finishing touch the range of four lip glosses were a pleasant surprise. Normally I would not buy a purple or orange gloss but colour is very subtle, giving the lips more of a stain than a colour. Going through the whole range, none of the colours looked out of place, even for day use. The best part about the glosses is that they are sheer and don’t contain glitter, so you’re precious lips will get a light, wet shine with just the right amount of colour.
In collaboration with NARS
 Photos by Mikko Puttonen




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me