Tuesday 16 June 2015

The new Laura Mercier Silk Creme

Laura Mercier Silk Cream Moisturising Photo Edition review swatch photo
Laura Mercier Silk Cream Moisturising Photo Edition review swatch photo

I was really sad when I heard mutterings that my favourite foundation of all time was about to be reformulated and remixed. As someone who once they find something they love they wear it religiously I panicked. Goodbye Laura Mercier Silk Creme and in swung the Laura Mercier Silk Cream Moisturising Photo Edition foundation.

So. Basically it’s very similar but it’s taken out the matte element of the foundation completely. It’s a very radiant and glowy base which my skin seems to be loving. I’d been noticing for a few months my skin just wasn’t loving the dryness of the OG LMSC. It started to cake around my nose and forehead and despite my best efforts to keep it looking flawless and non cakey. It just stopped working for me as well as it used to. The coverage is medium to full, which is exactly what I like. The glow gives a beautiful lit from within vibe which Im currently really digging. My only niggle is that it contains Shea butter which is a known breakout trigger for me but it’s not done anything so far.

New favourite foundation? Well, I guess so. I have to accept my favourite is long gone and this new thing has come in to take it’s place. I really do like it but there is just a little something holding me back from singing it’s praises from the roof tops.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me