Thursday 16 July 2015

FFG Eats: There's no place like HOME (for breakfast) in Los Feliz, Los Angeles

An American Breakfast, for me, is a sacred thing. No one quite does it like us Americans when it comes to a full on feast from savory to sweet and everything in between. So, when a friend says "you have to try this place for breakfast," I stick it on my list and make a point to give it a go. Breakfast is, after all, the most important meal of the day. You have to imagine my surprise, however, when the bestie in LA says, "let's eat breakfast at home." Eh? We're in the land of cheap eats and great feasts. Why on earth would we be motivated to eat at home? "H-O-M-E," she says, "the restaurant down the street from the house - outside, picturesque, red velvet pancakes." I grab my hat and dash. No, really, I grabbed my hat - it's hot and sunny outside! 

Home restaurant in LA is just downright beautiful. If you were to judge restaurants on signage alone, this one would win a gold medal in my heart. As you walk to the entrance you feel as if you are entering an establishment that was misplaced with Dorothy in the Land of Oz. It has a warmness and originality that definitely leads many to walk through the front gates for the first time. 

However, the food at Home in LA in will have you coming back time and again. Large brunch parties all gathered around us as we waited for out food to arrive - acorns being our only additional guests, occasionally landing on the seats beside us, having fallen from the trees above in gentle winds. This is a merry place - a place where I could see myself brunching every Sunday if I ever get up the heart to make the move to LA a permanent one. The red velvet pancakes are famous, but the french toast and scrambled eggs are just simple goodness on a plate - my staple. The Bloody Mary is a meal in itself - give this a go - and smoked salmon benedict looks like it came straight from heaven.

In short, to visit this area of LA and not indulge in a hearty meal here would be a crime against you hidden (or not so hidden) inner foodie. 

Home Restaurant
1760 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027






No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me