Monday 27 July 2015

The End: A vintage clothing store mecca in the heart of the desert

I wasn't expecting to shop on my adventure out in the desert. That is absolutely 100% the truth. I was out there for a soul searching experience and I was ready to take in all that nature had to offer. The universe, it seems, had other plans. As we were driving through the Yucca Valley, one of the desert adventurers suggested we stop into her friend's store, The End, right there in the heart of town. Not knowing what at all to expect, I was up for a little lighthearted adventure. Naturally, that little adventure led to me handing over my American Express. 

Damn it. Why can't I just walk into a store and walk out? Well, I'll tell you, ladies... if you can walk into THE END in YUCCA VALLEY and walk out again without a bag swinging from your arm, you have more willpower than you think. The owner, a very successful stylist in Hollywood, knows the story of every garment in her store - whether it's vintage or brand new. And as I walked up to the register with a dress I fell in love with (to be showcased tomorrow), she had a real humdinger. Wait for it... all will be revealed.

Really, this is just to say that if you find yourself on a desert adventure and you're passing through the Yucca Valley, make this a place to visit. Hell, make The End a place to visit even if you didn't have the desert in mind. I can guarantee the shopping here is well worth the drive. From floral crowns to designer shoes for a twenty, there's a little something to get everyone parting with their hard earned cash. 

The End
55872 29 Palms Hwy
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
(it's basically right on the way to Pioneertown)
Tel: 760-518-5536





No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me