Thursday 17 September 2015

Modern Mod



Jumper: New Look, Skirt: ASOS, Waistcoat: Zara (similar), Hat: ASOS, Bag: ASOS (similar) Boots: Topshop (mega old!)

Monday me and Jon spent the day shooting a bunch of a new outfit posts which Im super excited about as well as some really cute photos of me and Aerys for a post I have coming up in the next few weeks! Psst, check my Twitter feed for a sneaky peek!

So here is the latest one, and hopefully the start of outfit posts being a thing on this blog again. In an attempt to avoid the 70's trend at all costs... A trend that I just cannot pull off no matter how hard I try to accomodate it. Trust me, I've tried everything from flares to floaty tops and nothing is working for me. I pulled back to my favourite trend the 60's and pulled out this monochromatic patched skirt with a high necked jumper for a bit of a twist on a mod inspired look! I really love the skirt as it's super flattering and has a really thick material which has a luxe feel to it. The pockets in a contrasting white add a little bit of extra detail to a really simple look.

I paired the look with a fedora (obvz) and my houndstooth Topshop boots which I adore. I always get comments on them whenever I wear them but I've never found anything similar in shops to them even though I do keep my eye out for them! I think printed boots are really fun, I've recently bought these snake print ones, and although you might think they are a tad garish, if you're like me and have a full monochromatic wardrobe they add a pop of pattern without stepping out of a comfort zone!
Photos By Jon Barker (edited by me) & follow him on Twitter @JonDBarker




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me