Friday 15 April 2016

FFG Eats: Bottomless Brunch at Hix Mayfair

Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
"What do you mean by 'bottomless,' exactly?" asked my friend down from Scotland. How do I accurately describe this weekend tradition without sounding like a lush? The correct description of a Bottomless Brunch in my twenties would have been, "it's a challenge to see how much you can drink in a two hour seating." I like to think in my thirties I've matured into a person who believes this is less of a challenge and more of an opportunity to enjoy more than your average number of cocktails as you catch up with friends and family over a glorious meal. In Los Angeles and New York, I've sat for more bottomless brunches than I could possibly recall. And yes, I'm proud to say I can actually recall them all. I'm not sure I can say the same for all of my friends. But, in London the Bottomless Brunch almost seems an oddity. There have been a few, scattered here and there with good champagne and light eats. But, I have yet to come across an establishment that had me wishing to make a regular reservation. Well, that was until I stepped into Hix Mayfair to experience their version of the Bottomless Brunch

Last Saturday, the man and I slid into our green leather booth at Hix Mayfair, with a view of one of my favorite Tracey Emin neons, and we ordered our first Bloody Mary of the morning. The "jolly" cart was rolled over to our table and we were presented with a cocktail making show and an introduction to our first sip of pure milk vodka. I kid you not. It was incredible and Hix Mayfair have most definitely showcased their talents at mixing a fantastic cocktail. 

Now, here's the nitty gritty. You have two hours at your table for Bottomless Brunch at Hix Mayfair. During that time you can choose to either have Bloody Marys or a champagne cocktail (ours was made with rhubarb syrup... delicious). You can even mix the two should you choose. But, there's more. This isn't just a cocktail fueled morning. One may choose from a three course menu featuring supreme specialities from the kitchen of uber chef Mark Hix. From sweet to savory, there's something here for everyone. 

My recommendation is to get a great big group of people together for such an occasion. In my experience, six or more is the magic number. This is not to say that going as a couple isn't a great event in itself, but bottomless brunches are meant for crowds of people who are friends or family. Hix Mayfair has only just begun this tradition of Bottomless Brunch, but mark my words - this will become a near impossible table to book in the very near future. It's already decided it will become a regular event in this household. Maybe I'll see you there next weekend?

Info:
Bottomless Brunch at Hix Mayfair takes place every Saturday from 12-3pm. Your group may not exceed 12 people and each table setting is set for a limit of two hours. The brunch is three courses and is £50 per person. 

Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Bottomless Brunch London
Fashion Foie Gras was a guest of Hix Mayfair. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me