Saturday 15 February 2014

Davina McCall completes 500-mile Sport Relief challenge and praises family for helping her get through it

Davina McCall broke down in tears as she completed her gruelling 500-mile journey from Edinburgh to London on Friday.
The emotional TV presenter crossed the finish line outside the Tate Modern art gallery in the capital to conclude the final leg of her arduous physical challenge for Sport Relief.
The 46-year-old star has raised more than £760,000 for charity after running a full marathon distance to round off seven days of running, cycling and swimming.
Scroll down for video
At last: Davina McCall thanked her family for helping her get through the tough 500-mile Sport Relief challenge
After her feat was described to the waiting crowd of around 100 people, Davina said: 'I can't believe it was me.'Thank you to everybody who has donated - that is why I did it - the team that got me here, they carried me through the threshold.

'My kids and my husband were amazing.
'This challenge was for Sport Relief, it was for women and children living really hard lives, not just here but all over the world. It was a really important cause for me to be able to help other women.'
She then joked: 'I have got to stop crying!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me