Saturday 31 May 2014

Paul Pogba discusses life at Manchester United, winning Serie A with Juventus and Jay Z in Sportsmail's 'It's top secret'

Who is your sporting hero?
I am lucky that I get to play with my hero - Andrea Pirlo. I make no secret I want to become like him. He has won everything, and he has won it playing such an important role.
Flying high: Paul Pogba made 36 Serie A appearances last season as Juventus lifted the Italian league title
Flying high: Paul Pogba made 36 Serie A appearances last season as Juventus lifted the Italian league title
Hero: Pogba makes no secret of the fact he wants to play like Andrea Pirlo as he progresses in the game
Hero: Pogba makes no secret of the fact he wants to play like Andrea Pirlo as he progresses in the game



What would you be if you weren’t a sportsman?
Because of the age I started playing I have never thought about that question, and as I am about to go and play in a World Cup I am glad that I have never had to think about that question.
Career highlight?
I can’t choose between the two league titles with Juventus and winning my first international cap for
France. They were both very special.
... and the worst moment?
My time at Manchester United. Of course when you are at such a big club you understand you need to be patient for your chance, but I did not feel respected or valued as a player or a man.
If your house was burning down, what one possession would you save?
I know it is an obvious answer, but just my family. I don’t have one material possession that means that much to me.
Struggle: Pogba did not feel respected or valued during his time as a Manchester United player
Struggle: Pogba did not feel respected or valued during his time as a Manchester United player

Favourite song?
Anything by Kanye West or Jay Z. Not just because they make good music - but they are an inspiration for young black men all over the world.
Inspiration: Pogba is a fan of American rapper Jay Z
Inspiration: Pogba is a fan of American rapper Jay Z

What is the one programme on TV you can’t miss?
I prefer to play video games, but I do like to watch the highlights from the NBA.
Last film you saw?
The Wolf Of Wall Street and it was incredible.
If you could have dinner with three famous people, who would they be?
Zinedine Zidane, Jay Z, and Usain Bolt.
Can you cook? Best dish?
I can do easy things like pasta with chicken or pasta with fish, but in Italy you just need to walk out the door and you can have the best pasta in the world cooked for you.
Your favourite holiday destination?
I like to be where it is warm and have got even more used to the heat being in Italy, so I would choose somewhere like Miami Beach.
In a film of your life, who would you like to play you?
A young Will Smith would be a great honour.
Tell us a secret...
Both of my twin brothers represent the Guinea national team. It is my dream that one day they reach the World Cup and draw France - so that we can all play on the same field at the World Cup.
Dreaml: France international Pogba hopes to one day face his brothers, who play for Guinea, in the World Cup
Dreaml: France international Pogba hopes to one day face his brothers, who play for Guinea, in the World Cup


 
Pogba, 21, is in France’s World Cup squad. He played 36 league games for Juventus as they lifted the Serie A title last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me