Wednesday 28 October 2015

"You Smell SO Good!"

jo malone mimosa and cardamon

I have a hell  of a lot of perfumes in my stash, seriously way wayyyy too many.  I tend to stick to the same sort of scents (holla at you Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess & Versace Crystal Noir), However I’ve recently been really drawn to the Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamon Perfume. Every single time I’ve worn this perfume I’ve had someone comment on how good I smelt.

I know perfume descriptions can be a bit fluffy but here’s their take on the scent:

“A new bohemia await. Mists of honeyed, golden Mimosa float about the spiciness of freshly crushed Cardamom. Creamy Tonka and smooth sandalwood woven under powdery heliotrope and Damask rose picked at dawn. warm, ethereal, mesmerising.”

I don’t think it’s actually supposed autumnal scent (Im always SO unseasonal with my fragrance!) but it’s really warming and comforting so suits the current weather really in a odd sort of way. It’s an unusual scent, I don’t think I’ve ever tried anything like it before or have anything remotely similar in my scollection. It’s sort of fresh, florally and spicy all at the same time without being heady or too youthful. Think warming spice rather than peppery spicy and crisp floral rather than old lady floral. The notes of Mimosa, Cardamon and Tonka Bean blend really nicely together and perfectly compliment each other really well. It has a sweetness thats complimented really nicely with the deeper tones. It’s a really modern and exotic fragrance at the same time and just works as a good all rounder scent.

Prices range from £42-£85.




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me