Saturday 26 March 2016

Shoe of the Month: Gucci ‘Sylvia’ crossover metallic mules




March is shaping up to become quite the month, mainly because I decided to run two Shoe Of the Month features after fashion month forced me skip the previous one. So, say hello to your new summer shoes - because this is a pair that you simply need. They serve you comfort, style, a hell-load of attitude and best of all, won’t rob your dry. Well, can’t exactly call £380 a bargain, but it is about half of what I usually to pay for seasonal, lustworthy shoes! Think of the cost per wear, because these will indeed get some wear this season.

There is simply nothing that I would not want from Gucci at the moment. Alessandro Michele has managed to turn a cool brand into the most desirable on the market at the moment, I have not felt like this about a brand since Mr. Slimane presented the new Saint Laurent a few years ago! I already acquired the floral Dionysus bag and now the golden mules. Hight up on the wish-list I have the ‘Angel’ shoes, which I am starting to think could make quite the interesting Shoe of the Month feature. I am also totally sold on the double G print, something that I did not see growing on me.

But back to the crossover sandals, that I just found out are called Sylvia and or Webby, (I’ve seen them go under both) got me excited about mules again. Nevertheless, I have to admit that I don’t think I’ve ever had such decision anxiety in-store because these come in a thousand colour options! The metallic toned come in pink, glitter and gold, even the gold tones come in two different material choices! When you finally made up your mind with the colour, there is also a jazzed up version with a embellished heel and a few crazy amazing runway versions. With that said, I buy enough seasonal shoes every year, only to have them spend most of the time on my shelf, slowly developing from must-haves to collectors items. These mules were launched for the Resort ’16 presentation but has now become a classic style in Gucci’s collections, which is why you should take your pick right about now!

I was pretty sure that my golden choice would be saved for the very special occasions only, but because of the easy slip on cut and the very comfortable fit, I find myself wearing these more than I thought. They are ideal with a black and while outfit, which is undoubtedly what I wear 90% of the time. So with excitement I welcome a golden pair to my collection, a shoe hue that I apologise for neglecting all these years!

Comfort: 5/5
Very comfortable and easy to walk in. The thick, cushiony crossovers make it feel like you are wrapped in pillows, and keeps you securely strapped in. Despite the high heel, the arch is very well designed.

Quality: 4/5 
The shoes are beautifully finished, however, the shiny gold finish shiny makes all scratches are very visible. Be aware of accidentally rubbing your shoes together when walking, scratches on the heel are visible and there to stay.

Purchase price: 495€ from the Gucci store in Paris, January 2016.
The price varies from £380 - $1,290.00 depending on the style. Gucci’s own website has the best selections for both European and US based readers. Matchesfashion.com also has a good selection of Gucci shoes at the moment.

Sizing: Runs true to size.
I bought these in a 37, my usual size. If you are in between sizes, I recommend going down half a size as I imagine the soft straps moulds to your feet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me