Sunday 14 July 2013

Former child actor Gaby Hoffmann says she's broke

As a child, actress Gaby Hoffmann had roles in a number of box office hits, including Field of Dreams, Uncle Buck and Sleepless in Seattle.
But she left the business when she got older, making time for college and a normal adult life. Now, Hoffmann, 31, is back with a crop of art-house films and she's opening up about the current state of her life, including her finances.
During an interview with The New York Times, Hoffmann, whose mother was friends with Andy Warhol and whose father was a soap star, reveals that she only has a few thousand dollars in her bank account.
She starts the conversation about her finances by acknowledging her conflicted appreciation for one of the wealthiest stars on the planet.
"I love Beyoncé. I do. But I was walking down the street and saw this huge billboard for the documentary she made about herself called, Life Is But a Dream," Hoffmann recalls to the interviewer. "Underneath the billboard is this homeless guy, then there's me with $2 in my bank account, and I'm thinking, Life is but a dream? I mean, I love you, B, but really?"
Hoffmann later explains that "$2" is merely a euphemism for $4,000, which she concedes is a significant amount of money.
"It's just not that much if you don't know where the next $4,000 is coming from," she adds. "I have a teacher friend who gets nervous when there's $200 in her account. But at least she knows that in a week, she'll get another paycheck. I have no idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me