Tuesday, 16 July 2013

'I keep it simple': Beautiful Jennifer Garner reveals her 'less is more' approach to make up and everyday glamour

She's a busy mother-of-three, so it's unsurprising that Jennifer Garner has little time for make up.
But the 41-year routinely looks incredible, so how does she do it?
'Most days I don’t get around to makeup,' she told the latest edition of Redbook magazine.
Radiant: Jennifer Garner reveals her basic beauty regime in the latest edition of Redbook
Radiant: Jennifer Garner reveals her basic beauty regime in the latest edition of Redbook

'If I do, it’s pretty simple: concealer, blush, mascara and some lipcolor,' the beauty added in the interview which accompanies her stunning cover shoot. 
She then added: 'If I’m really going for it, I might fill in my brows.  Generally speaking, brows are underserved.'
And Jennifer also touched upon the fantastical and dramatic world of the red carpet.
'The red carpet feels like a whole other side of me.  What I wear during the day reflects utility.  The red carpet is really fun,' she revealed.
All the secrets: Reader more about Jennifer's regime in Redbook magazine, available now
All the secrets: Reader more about Jennifer's regime in Redbook magazine, available now

Effortless: Garner looked splendiferous in a crimson frock at chat show host Jimmy Kimmel's wedding on Saturday in Ojai, California
Effortless: Garner looked splendiferous in a crimson frock at chat show host Jimmy Kimmel's wedding on Saturday in Ojai, California


'It’s show business, and we’re putting on a show.  A lot of people are involved in the styling and my voice is one of the smaller ones in the mix.'
The Alfie star explained: 'You should hear the conversations {in a dramatic voice] “I think it’s a smoky eye and a simple lip…”  I make fun of everyone for being so invested.'

And she also dished on how she keeps those chestnut locks looking so shiny.
We are family: Perfect looking Jen with Ben Affleck and their daughters Seraphina and Violet, baby Samuel isn't pictured
We are family: Perfect looking Jen with Ben Affleck and their daughters Seraphina and Violet, baby Samuel isn't pictured

The 'fun' red carpet: Jen at the Oscars this year with her husband Ben, who won with Argo for Best Picture
The 'fun' red carpet: Jen at the Oscars this year with her husband Ben, who won with Argo for Best Picture

She wrote: 'They taught me that letting my hair dry naturally – which is what I do every single day – is good for it…but it’s not always going to look good. 
'Pulling out the blow-dryer and the curling iron really does make a difference.  But to be perfectly honest, I don’t know even know where the hair dryer is in my house.'
But Garner's gold star recommendation is all about the rays, she said:  'Putting on SPF should be like brushing your teeth.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me