Thursday 18 July 2013

Kerry Katona reveals struggle to prevent second bankruptcy... which she knew was coming

The news of her second bankruptcy has been met by mixed opinions.
But Kerry Katona is determined to change public opinion and assure that she did what she could to prevent it happening once again.
Speaking to Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langford on This Morning on Thursday the mother-of-four insisted: ‘I took any job I could to stop it happening.’
Scroll down for video
Did what she could: Kerry Katona has opened up about her second bankruptcy on This Morning on Thursday
Did what she could: Kerry Katona has opened up about her second bankruptcy on This Morning on Thursday
Putting on a brave face the 32-year-old began: ‘Seriously I’m not after sympathy. It’s not an easy option going into bankruptcy.’
Explaining how her money troubles got out of control again, she explained: ‘I stayed bankrupt for a good few years. I paid nearly half a million back. 
‘It was an 82,000 tax bill that made me bankrupt. I’ve paid more tax back than the majority of people have in a life time.’
Paid up: Kerry revealed that she had been paying tax but her latest bill was just too high
Paid up: Kerry revealed that she had been paying tax but her latest bill was just too high
Paid up: Kerry revealed that she had been paying tax but her latest bill was just too high
Loved up: The star was joined on the sofa by her fiance George Kay who she says has been a support to her
Loved up: The star was joined on the sofa by her fiance George Kay who she says has been a support to her
When questioned by Eamonn if her issue was an inability to pay tax, she denied it saying: ‘As I say I knew this second bankruptcy was coming.’
But the star, who was joined by her fiancĂ© George Kay on the sofa, admitted that the first time round her bankruptcy was due to her being hit by a large tax bill after not putting aside money each month. 
Continuing: ‘Well I want to make it really clear you’re not going to see me have a breakdown. You’re not going to see money bring me down.’ 
On hold: The couple admitted that they would be taking a more sensible approach towards their wedding
On hold: The couple admitted that they would be taking a more sensible approach towards their wedding

Quizzed: Eamonn didn't hold back when it came to his line of questioning
Quizzed: Eamonn didn't hold back when it came to his line of questioning
It wasn’t all doom and gloom about her money issues throughout the interview though, Kerry and George also took the opportunity to talk about how they met. 
George revealed: ‘We used to knock about as kids together.’
And when asked what she was like at that age, he replied:  ‘She was beautiful but very very loud. Nothing’s changed. I’ve always loved her I think, you were beautiful, weren’t you?
Her muscly man continued: ‘I did ask her to marry me when I was sixteen, ’ but  he admitted he had had a few to drink at the time and it wasn’t in all seriousness. 
Bright and breezy: Kerry wore a pair of loose fitting blue trousers and a pink vest top
Bright and breezy: Kerry wore a pair of loose fitting blue trousers and a pink vest top
  

Speaking about how the recent bankruptcy affects the wedding, George said: ‘It doesn’t mean no wedding. We just have to look at it sensibly. We don’t need to rush into it.’
Joking about their relationship, bubbly Kerry said: ‘This puts rumours to bed that George is with me for my money. Back then I was unwell.’
However Eamonn wasn’t entirely convinced and said to George: ‘I like her very much but if I was you I would say to myself ‘she’s a lovely girl but she might be trouble.’’
Childhood sweethearts: The couple spoke about how they had met when they were 14 years old and used to hang out
Childhood sweethearts: The couple spoke about how they had met when they were 14 years old and used to hang out
Not rising to the question and remaining devoted, he replied: ‘I think I love the challenge.’
Loved up Kerry continued: ‘I’ve never felt more secure. I never have insecurities. He always says you’ve never had anyone to care for you.’
Concluding her interview she said: ‘What I’ve learnt in life is I feel very grateful, I feel very blessed. Money isn’t everything, I’ve got my health, happiness and it feels like I’ve got all the money in the world because I’ve got all that.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are welcome

Follow Me